Having a few extra pounds doesn’t mean you need to cover up your body at the beach. Chances are you want to enjoy the sunshine, soak up some vitamin D, and spend time with your family while looking stylish and feeling comfortable in the process.
When it comes to dressing for fun activities like beach trips and pool days, it can be difficult to find attractive clothing that also fits correctly. Shopping for items like swimsuits, cover-ups, and even sunglasses as a plus-sized individual can seem daunting—especially when you add additional factors such as comfort and affordability into the equation.
But swimming or sunbathing doesn’t have to be an uncomfortable experience or one filled with body-shaming thoughts about what “does” or “doesn’t look good” on you. A few conscious decisions about fashion pieces can make all the difference in how confident you feel when walking out of the house dressed for a fun day at the beach—no matter what size you are! Here’s a guide on how to dress for the beach when fat and still look great.
What are some tips for finding clothes that fit well and look good when you’re overweight?
What are Some Tricks To Looking Slimmer in a Swimsuit When You’re overweight?
- Choose a swimsuit that has a darker color on the bottom, such as navy or black, to create an illusion of slimness. Avoid white and light colors since these may make you appear bigger.
- Go for a design with plenty of ruching or gathering along the midsection and sides, which will hide any bulges or bumps you want to minimize.
- Look for swimsuits with vertical lines or patterns, which will elongate your figure and draw people’s eyes away from areas that you want to minimize.
- Opt for higher-cut leg openings that come up closer to your belly button for a more flattering silhouette.
- Try sporting a pair of stylish high-waisted bottoms–they are an instant way to instantly look slimmer and more elongated!
- Wear one-piece styles with padding in the bust area–this provides support, creates curves, and helps to disguise any lumps and bumps around the midsection area
- A swimsuit with built-in shapewear technology can help smooth out your tummy and enhance other problematic areas without squeezing into tight clothes.
- Finally, don’t forget how important it is to accessorize correctly: a long necklace will direct attention down toward your waist while wedges, sunglasses, and hats provide slimming effects by helping conceal certain body parts
How to Dress for the Beach if You’re a Fat Man
If you’re fat and looking for advice on how to dress for the beach, here are some tips and tricks to help you look your best:
Pick out clothes that give you structure and support. Look for clothing items that have a structured fit like wrap dresses or tops with layers, ruching, or strategic seams. Not only will they make you feel more comfortable in your own skin, but they will also help create a more flattering silhouette.
Avoid overly tight clothing as it can be far too revealing and uncomfortable in the heat of summer. Instead, opt for loose-fitting garments made from lightweight fabrics such as linen or cotton which will still keep you cool without clinging too tightly to your body.
While one-piece swimsuits may not be the most fashionable option out there, they are an excellent choice when it comes to providing coverage and avoiding what many of us refer to as “bikini envy”! If a one-piece isn’t quite your style, don’t fret; high-waisted bikinis can provide good tummy coverage while still allowing you to show off other parts of your figure
Accessorize! Whether it’s a wide brimmed straw hat or an eye-catching statement necklace, accessories can draw attention away from problem areas and help complete any beach look.
Choose brighter colors over darker ones as darker colors can often appear more slimming than lighter shades — meaning you’re at risk of seeming too covered up — and this isn’t what beach fashion is about! Go for vibrant colors like turquoise blues or coral pinks which will bring life to any outfit combination and make it easier for
Choose Items That Will Flatter Your Shape
- A-line skirts that cinch at the waist.
- High-waisted trousers and jeans.
- Wrap dresses with a V-neck cut to accentuate your curves.
- Flowy, empire waist tops for an effortless look.
- Structured fitted blazers to show off your hourglass shape.
- Form-fitting bodycon dresses to hug your curves in all the right ways.
- Belt your dresses and jackets to create a defined silhouette and draw the eye to the narrowest part of your waistline.
- Flirty tank tops with ruffle details in contrasting colors for dimension and visual interest on the top half of the body shape.
- Pencil or midi skirts that land just below or above the knee is ideally suited for pear-shaped bodies as they help shift focus away from broad hips towards thighs and make legs appear longer visually cutting the figure into more balanced proportions as well as elongating the overall silhouette of body wearer’s body shape even further
- Color-blocking pieces like cropped high-waisted trousers
Top 3 Points You Think To Consider Dress for the Beach if You’re fat Man
10 Color-blocking pieces like cropped high-waisted trousers
If you’re looking for a flattering and stylish way to dress for the beach when you’re fat, consider color-blocking pieces like cropped high-waisted trousers, flowy tops, and wrap dresses. These items are designed to draw attention away from areas that you’re not as confident about and flatter your body shape. Accessorize with a wide-brimmed hat, sunglasses, and some fun jewelry to complete the look.
Consider a one-piece bathing suit with a wrap effect
A one-piece bathing suit with a wrap effect is a great option for dressing for the beach when you’re fat. This style will help to disguise any problem areas and provide coverage while still looking stylish. Choose colors that are flattering and accessorize with a wide-brimmed hat, sunglasses, and some fun jewelry to complete the look.
Try an asymmetrical skirt or sarong
An asymmetrical skirt or sarong is a great way to dress for the beach if you’re fat. This style helps to hide any problem areas and provides coverage while still looking fashionable. Choose colors that are flattering and accessorize with a wide-brimmed hat, sunglasses, and some fun jewelry to complete the look.
Finally, dressing for the beach if you’re fat doesn’t have to be a challenge – it can actually be an enjoyable experience. Consider what makes you feel comfortable and confident in your own skin when choosing items to wear, opt for clothes that are flowy and cover what you feel most self-conscious about, and pick bright colors or eye-catching patterns to turn heads in your direction away from any of your ‘flaws’. By following these tips, you can strike a balance between being stylish and staying true to your authentic self. With just a small amount of effort, you can enjoy yourself at the beach and show off how beautiful you are!
I’m Junaed, a fashion and lifestyle blogger. I have been blogging for over five years now and have found my niche in the world of style! I’m writing here the daily needs and hobbies of big/fat/obese people. I hope you enjoy following along.